Eraviperoor Grama Panchayat - Success Story of Local Self Governance
Name of the Initiative and State
Eraviperoor Grama Panchayat - Success Story of Local Self Governance, Kerala
Eraviperoor Grama Panchayat, Kozhimala P.O, Thiruvalla, Pathanamthitta (Dist), Kerala State
Initiative in Brief
The project achieved a paperless and modern office at Eraviperoor Panchayat with a Village Knowledge Centre, Environment Gramasabha, Waste Management, a Mini Water Supply Scheme, Arogya Sabha, Jagratha Samithy, etc.
- Paperless Office
- Online Certificates
- Digitalization of Office records
- Quality services based on Right to Service Act.
- Notices and information through Voice and Text messages.
- Salary of employees and honorarium of board members through bank.
- Arranged record room to trace the records and documents within five minutes
- Touch screen facility to trace the file movement and information
- All sections of the office including Front Office networked
- Installation and application of 12 softwares developed by Information Kerala Mission( IKM, a Government agency)
- Village Knowledge Centre
- Reference library
- Training for School Students on Civil Service and other competitive examinations
- Classes on Sanskrit etc.
- Preparing a directory of history , cultural and the traditional knowledge of the village.
- Special gramasabha in all wards
- Agenda was awareness on environmental issues and waste management
- Certain projects on the said issues suggested by the gramasabha
- 20,000 seedlings were distributed to gramasabha participants
- Distribution of bio-gas plant, vermi-pipe-ring compost units
- Plastic Recycling Unit
- Plastic Road
- Compost pit
- Modern Slaughter House
- Modern Fish Market
- Ward committee giving importance to ecology
Mini Water Supply Scheme
- 8 Schemes were completed under SC/ST plan fund
- 2 schemes under General fund and 2 scheme under SC/ST plan fund are about to complete.
- Yoga Classes at 8 centers, message-yoga is remedy for life style disease
- Ayush- Ayurveda, Homeo Dispensaries sub-centers and a yoga center started at Primary Health Centre Compound.
- School Karate Classes for 105 girls students
- Renovation of Primary Health Centre building
- Pain and Palliative Care
- Insurance coverage for Cancer treatment
- Women and children need not go to police station or court to get remedy on their complaints.
- 68 of 73 complaints were amicably settled last year.
The positive changes brought about by the initiative are appreciated by the people and a survey shows the quality of the service has improved. It is an experiment in good governance to ensure the well-being and good livelihood of the people of the Panchayat. The completion of the implementation of each of the projects results in better growth.
Presentation on Eraviperoor Grama Panchayat- Success Story of Local Self Governance, Kerala