Achieving Total Financial Inclusion’ in West Tripura district through e-ROR, Tripura
Name of the Initiative and State
Achieving ‘Total Financial Inclusion’ in West Tripura district through e-ROR (e-Record of Ordinary Residence) & Common Service Centers piloted at Mandwi block, Tripura
- Shri Abhishek Singh, IAS, Distt Magistrate & Collector, Tripura
- Shir Gitte Kiran Kumar Dinkarrao
- Shri Pramod Kumar Pal
- Shri Manohar Bishwas
- Shri Pradip Roy
Initiative in Brief
To achieve Total Financial Inclusion in West Tripura district, an initiative was launched in the tribal-dominated Mandwi Block in coordination with Banks, Common Services Centers, PRIs & NIC through tracking and identifying uncovered families as per eROR (e-Record of Ordinary Residence) and bringing them under banking facilities through brick and mortar branches and Branchless Banking (CSCs/ USBs) in remote areas. 100 per cent coverage has been achieved with CBS accounts and most of the benefits are now routed through the bank accounts only.
- 100 per cent coverage of all families with CBS accounts
- Opening of 4 Common Service Centers (USBs) and 2 ATMs. 20 USBs in entire district.
- Seeding of accounts in the eROR and maintenance of database
- GIS-based mapping for opening of new bank branches and USBs
- Rolling out of Electronic Fund Management System (EFMS)
- Door step service delivery through Business Correspondents
- Linking of benefits like payment under MNREGS, IAY, NSAP, NBA, JSY, JSSK etc.
- Availing of the credit facilities in priority sectors
- All families were covered with CBS bank accounts
- Extension of Branchless banking through 20 USBs
- Electronic transfer of benefits under MNREGS, IAY, JSY etc.
- 220 per cent increase in credit in the Agri & allied sectors in 2 years
- Seeding of the accounts in the databases of Schemes and banks
- Suitable platform to achieve objectives of PMJDY by October / November, 2014
Presentation on Achieving Total Financial Inclusion in West Tripura district through e-ROR, Tripura